Pages

background

Friday, April 29, 2011

65 Roses Day

You have heard me go on before about what I believe is the lack of awareness about CF in Australia. It sometimes keeps me awake at night, probably more than it should.

Well, good timing for me, May is the official Cystic Fibrosis awareness month! Fri 27th May is 65 Roses Day 

My plan is to purge all of my awareness urges. I will focus on putting it out there for all to see. Hopefully once May is over, I can feel good about educating people about this disease, and I will be able to sleep better at night. 


And I am starting with you, my blog readers

So here are some things you can do


 Learn about this genetic disease and how it affects its sufferers. You can do this by checking out these links:


If you have any questions at all about how CF affects our family, please leave a comment and I will tell you the answer, guts and all.


Use Facebook! Join Team Ruby so you can see what is going on and learn about CF and how it affects just one of its sufferers. 
Change your profile picture to a CF awareness picture (these can be found on the Team Ruby page). Write a status update as to why you are doing it. This may seem like a bit of a token effort, but it has been proven to be a very effective awareness tool. You will be helping spread the word.
Invite your friends to join Team Ruby

You could sell 65 ROSES DAY MERCHANDISE. See if your employer will buy one for your place of work. Hint that it would be a great tax deduction! Volunteer to sell them at train stations. Check out the 65 Roses website for more info.


Share Share Share

Share links, pictures, CF pages. 
Sharing is caring, and I know that you all care!


No comments: