Pages

background

Thursday, December 9, 2010

On and on...

I am a mum, I do mum things for my kids. Cook, clean, nurture, teach, play, raise...the list goes on. We all know how much is involved with being a parent, I am not alone in this!

But I am not a scientist, a researcher, a doctor or a health professional. I don't know how to cure Cystic Fibrosis, I don't even really understand the biological, genetic or technical side of it. I do know that the medical community is confident that a cure is close (and not in a "miracle cure" found on A Current Affair type shows way) and I have faith in that.

So, what can I do to help? I can spread awareness. I can let people know what CF is and how it affects us. I can hound you with raffle tickets, research links and status updates. I can share photos, stories and experiences.

So sorry if my blog posts and Facebook page seem a bit CF obsessive, but it's the only way I know how to contribute towards the best possible outcome.


 


Here is an interview with Dr Michael Boyle about the basic defect in CF and how the two drugs, VX-770 and VX-809, aim to help fix the underlying problems, but in different ways. Good news for CFers, even though it's not very exciting viewing!


No comments: