Pages

background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo Friday



Isn't this a powerful photo? I love everything about it. I love the pose, the colour, her expression. I love that it is a real photo, documenting someones real story. The girl in the picture is Miranda Hutson. She is 22 years old and received a double lung transplant due to her Cystic Fibrosis in Jan 2010.  The hospital tags are hers, the oxygen tank was a part of her life before the transplant. I don't see the picture as being morbid or negative. I don't know why, but I just really love this photo.   Photographer: Curtis Almeter, who was also in hospital with Miranda.

So What If I Have Cystic Fibrosis, I'm Unstoppable!  is a Facebook page that Miranda has created. I love how the majority of the members are teenagers, and I sometimes stalk the page, watching them interact, and just be typical teenagers! It gives me great hope for Ruby.

No comments: